HTML5 cross platform game "Ladderz" completely commented source code
Line by line commented source code of a complete HTML5 endless runner cross platform game using Phaser framework.
The game features endless runner action, 5 different enemy types, coins to collect, animated sprites and platformer action, you can play it at https://triqui.itch.io/ladderz
Enemy types: spikes, fire, arrows, spiked monsters and monsters which can be killed by jumping over them.
Studying and playing with this source code will allow you to learn on a real-world working example, covering, among other things, now to:
* Create a Phaser project
* Detect and force for a certain screen orientation - portrait in this case
* Preload graphics and sounds
* Use bitmap fonts
* Wait for and handle player input
* Create frame-by-frame animations
* Create animations using tweens
* Use ARCADE Physics engine to manage sprites movement and collision
* Play sounds
* Recycle resources to save memory using object pooling
* Use particle to generate sparkling effects
* Handle and save high scores and game data
* Adapt the game to various screen resolutions
* Create custom listeners and signals
There's no doubt you will learn a lot from this game, or you can just reskin it as you prefer and publish on game portals or even sell it to your customers.